Italian Bread Sticks
4 cups unbleached flour
1 1/4 cups tepid water
1 package dry yeast
2 t. oil
1 1/2 t. salt
sesame seeds and milk
1. Combine 2 cups flour, salt, and yeast and
2. Add water and oil. Mix well.
3. Add remaining flour a little at a time
and into dough with your hands.
4. Knead dough for 5-10 minutes.
5. Place dough in a greased bowl and turn it
once to coat all sides. Cover with plastic wrap.
6. Let rise until double.
7. Punch down. Remove to a board and work
dough for a few minutes.
8. Divide dough into 30-36 portions.
9. Roll each portion into a bread stick,
brush with milk, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
10. Place on a cookie sheet and let rise until double.
11. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes