Adapted from Recipe by Francesca Ferranti Giamona
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 6-oz can tomato paste
1-2 t chili powder
1/2 t ground cumin
1 t paprika
1/2 t oregano
3 c water
2 c corn meal
1 1/2 t salt
1 can small pitted black olives, drained
1. Prepare a chili. Brown and
crumble meat. Use a small amount of oil if necessary.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook
until onions are cooked, but not brown.
3. Add tomato paste, chili powder,
cumin, paprika, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup of water.
Simmer for 30 minutes or more.
4. In a separate pan, mix corn meal, 2
cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook over low to medium
heat stirring constantly until all water is absorbed and the mixture
has a mush-like consistency.
5. In a baking dish, combine and mix
the chili, corn meal mush, and the olives.
6. Bake in 300 degree oven for about
15-20 minutes. This dish should be moist, but not soupy.